Classic Leather HYBRID Halter®
What Does It Do?
WHY do you need a PATENTED HYBRID Halter?
- You can tie in the trailer or anywhere else in it safely
- You can lunge your horse in it and it'll act like having a built in lungeing caveson
- You can use it for any kind of ground training
- You can ride in it
- You can use it for leading about
- Horse can’t push on you like they can in a web halter
- Horse can't push through it with their nose like they can in a rope halter
- ELIMINATES the need for a chain
- Cross tie in it & personalize it like a web halter
- The 180 degree slide ring action discourages your horse from torqueing his head while lunging
- You will always have control of your horse’s nose
- Take it on and off like a bridle thanks to the throatlatch snap, no buckling or knots
- Saves hours a day over multiple horses just in on/off time alone!
- Unlike a rope halter, the knots won't tighten in a pullback situation
- Can be ridden in and will have a sidepull type action
- The application of pressure, its angle and its release translates directly to the bridle with no chance for bad habits to develop on the ground
- Clear signal
- Superior control
- Eliminates head torque
- Safer than a rope halter
- Built-in lungeing caveson
- Foal to draft sizes
About this triple stitched leather version:
- The premium version of our patented HYBRID Halter.
- Oil dipped mahogany or black bridle leather
- Smoothed and darkened leather edges
- Triple stitched cheekpieces
- SOLID brass, non-rust hardware throughout
- Handmade entirely in the United States
- Has 100% the same functionality, fit and function as other HYBRID styles
- Leather, so will breakaway in case of setback or catching. Replacement poll straps available.
The Horse Education Hybrid Halter is a direct combination of the traditional Web/Flat Halter and the traditional Rope halter, with the addition of a signature slide ring construction and noseband knots to allow for the precise application of pressure and encouragement of lightness. Makes it easy to get the same response you expect in the bridle under saddle, while on the ground without a bit in your horse’s mouth.
Use one halter for training, trailering, farrier work, leading in and out of the stall, as a hackamore for riding... you name it! You can cross tie in the Hybrid, you can do ground training in it. You can take it on and off like a bridle without undoing any knots or buckling any buckles simply by undoing the throat latch snap and sliding it over your horse's ears like you would any bridle. Over multiple horses, it can be not only an effective training tool, but an effective time saver as well!